FACT: eBay’s Gross Merchandise Sales (GMS) 2003 – GMS, the total value of items sold, was a record $24 billion, representing a 60% year-over-year increase from the $15 billion reported in the full year 2002
Over 79 million times a day, eBay users find products and brands of their choice.
In the final quarter of 2003, reported and increase of 41.2 million active users, up 3.8 million from the previous quarter.
(Exerts from January 21, 2004 – eBay™ Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2003 Financial Results.)
When I read the 2003 Financial Results, the first thing I thought of is ‘what a lot of traffic’.
Think about it 79 million times a day people are looking at the eBay site for products or services.
And if you think anything like me … the next thought would be, ‘can I drive some of that traffic to my site’
The answer is YES!
This scenario is the ‘norm” in an auction.
Seller lists item
people visit auction
some make bids
highest bidder wins (one winner)
product sold and delivered
Question: What happens to all the people who visited the auction and didn’t bid or bid and didn’t win?
Answer:Lost Revenue, Lost Opportunity
It doesn’t matter what kind of service or product you are selling or decide to sell.There are TECHNIQUES that can help you DEVELOP constant flow of traffic, SALES and GENERATE LEADS.
If you use eBay solely as an auction site, then you will make a few dollars, a couple of thousand if you are bulk selling.
Power eBay Sellers know that they real money comes when you drive people from your auction sale to where ever else you need to send them.This of course should firstly be to your own website, but you can send them to affiliate sites just as easy.
eBay is more that a giant flea market, you see, eBay auctions attract millions of TARGETED customers.You don’t have to go in search of subscribers – they will come to you.
About the Author
Permission is granted to reprint this article in print or on your web site so long as the paragraph above is included and contact information is provided to http://www.ezy-money.com
Related Flicker Images:
- An Emerging Market in eBay Consignments: The eBay Trading Post (Part II In A Series) In 2002, the eBay consignments business was born, referred to by eBay as the Trading Assistant Program.It's possible that eBay didn't foresee just how much they would benefit form their eBay consignments program. Designed to unite experienced eBay sellers with people who want heir merchandise sold on eBay without having to do it themselves, the Trading Assistant program has enjoyed enormous success.As big as eBay had become -- larger than all other online auction venues combined -- […]
- How to Make Money from Internet Auctions If your business is not using eBay and other Internet
auctions, you could be missing out. Here are just a
few ways of generating additional income, profits and
cashflow from online auctions.1. Convert Excess Assets to CashSell personal or business items that you no longer
use. For example, are there slow moving inventory
items in your store? A major camera store chain sells
their slow movers, quite successfully, through eBay.2. Buy and Sell AnythingSometimes people put things […]
- Four Huge Mistakes Ebay Sellers Make (Even Some Moderately Successful Ones) No matter how many times I see it happening, I’mconstantly amazed at the number of people who areliterally throwing money away by making incrediblysimple mistakes when they sell items in an onlineauction.
Over the last seven years, I’ve been making a greatliving buying and selling products on eBay and otheronline auction sites, and I’ve perfected a techniquethat pretty much guarantees anyone can start making aprofit right away. That technique starts with avoidingmistakes like these […]
- The Value of a Customer The Driver of All Marketing EffortsYou need to determine what the value of a customer is to your company. Answer the following questions:How much will the average customer spend with you per year?A = _____________If you provide quality service and products, how many years can you expect to keep a customer ?B = _____________What is your gross profit, as a percentage of revenues?C = _____________The value (V) of a customer is:V = A X B X CWe learned with our network consulting company […]
- Explode Your Sales With Free & Exclusive Content Offering free and exclusive content to ezine publishers and webmasters is one of the best ways you can increase exposure for your products and services. There are several effective methods you can use to employ this marketing tactic and subsequently boost your sales.I personally suggest exploring the following two methods to increase your exposure:1. Create exclusive content for websites and ezines. If you have worked to build a website or to promote a product, take your experience […]
- Sneaky Sales Tactics The reason why you have a job in sales is because our markets are constantly getting more competitive. Every year, every month, and every day products are coming out better, faster, and closer together. Almost as soon as your company dreams up a great new idea for product or feature, your competition seems to think of it too and get it to market.
If this weren't the case, it would be much cheaper for our corporations to just hire order takers or setup e-commerce websites to let […]
- Effective Online Car Sales on Ebay Motors Remember back when selling online was a new experience? Dealers tried everything to sell their vehicles online. Today’s market has expanded to include several hot online marketplaces. The largest online marketplace is Ebay. Ebay has evolved into an online solution for everything from whole towns to your favorite paperback book. Big or small it doesn’t matter, Ebay has everything for the savvy consumer.Vehicles are plentiful on Ebay. Ebay sells a vehicle every minute for the […]