1. Define Success for Yourself
Clarify and write down what success means for you. What would it look like, feel like, what would you hear if you were successful. Use these answers as your barometer….not somebody else’s.
2. Get a Handle on Your finances Today
Pay your bills on time, do a budget, know how much is coming in and going out. Save at least 10%. Live within your means.
3. Get Rid of the Energy Drains
Resolve any issues that you have been thinking about for a long time, they drain your energy dry. Your brain is like a hard drive on your computer, when it gets full; it is difficult for other programs to function properly.
4. Discover Your Personal Drivers/Motivators
These are your personal values, explore what makes you tick from a beliefs and conditioned responses point of view.
5. Don’t Just Settle for Anything Raise Your Own Bar
The higher you raise the bar, the fewer problems will appear in your life.
6. Take Care of Yourself
Schedule personal down time in your calendar. Treat yourself to a full day at the spa or a relaxing ride in the country. You don’t have to have an agenda. Use the quiet time to reflect.
7. Create Abundance in All Areas of your Life
Create reserves in you finances, relationships, family, and work life. Living with the belief that there is always enough creates abundance and eliminates scarcity thinking and lack.
8. Clarify Your Expectations for Yourself and Others
If people know what to expect from you and you from them, there are no hurt feelings and you won’t have to play the blame game.
9. Rid Yourself of the Attitudes of Others
Do not tolerate other peoples behavior if it drains your energy. Just “call” their behavior to their attention. They will usually stop trying to push your “buttons”.
10. Recognize and Respect your Intuition
Your personal Intuition is like a force field that protects you from those who want to bring you harm or have ill intentions towards you.
Submitted by Art Eyzaguirre, Career and Life coach with a PhD from the school of Hard Knocks as well as lessons learned from corporate downsizings, who can be reached at email@example.com, or visited on the web at http://www.aceconsultinggroup.net
Art is President of Ace Consulting Group, Inc. He helps Corporations and Individuals, through executive and career coaching. Art is a founding member of International Association of Coaches and 24/7 Coaching.com
This content may be forwarded in full, with copyright, contact, and creation information intact, without specific permission, when used only in a not-for-profit context. For other uses, permission in writing from Ace Consulting Group, Inc is required. Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Flicker Images:
- Love What You Do! "To love what you do and feel that it matters, how on earth could anything be more fun?" --Katherine GrahamI want to share with you a great success story from one of my clients, Susan*, because I am so proud of her. Susan had been working in the computer industry since college (8-10 years) and though she was financially and professionally successful, she felt dissatisfied with her career. Her heart was just not in it anymore.Susan did a brave thing - she decided to make the effort to […]
- Procrastinate Your Way To A Successful Small Business What will your business look like a year from today?If you're like most small business owners, you have many things to do and not enough time to do them. Can't you just ignore them and procrastinate your way to success?Not likely. True, sometimes avoiding issues will make them go away, but think about the energy you expend and the time you waste.If you're like me, when there's an issue that needs taking care of, it will keep popping it's ugly little self into your brain. Deal with me […]
- Realize Your Book Dream In 2005! If you haven't realized the success you wanted last year, here's a way to reap the harvest with 86% improvement!Use the power of visualization.When you see, hear, and feel your book project already manifested through specific outcomes, you'll be in the 86% success group. It's far easier to perceive specific outcomes as true when visualizing them as they already happened. Claim your dream as true now in specific outcomes.This outcome, "I see myself signing autographed copies" is far […]
- If You Don't Know Where You're Going, Any Road Will Get You There What do you want to achieve?Before you actually set up, decide what you want to achieve with your business. If you are already in business, review where you are going – are you clear about this?Why not take some time out to think about and write down your goals for your business?Write it downResearch shows that only 3% of people write down their goals, and on average these people earn 10 times those who don’t have goals. Plus research shows that people with up to date written goals […]
- Revenge in the End is Bitter Sweet We ALL think or have thought about it at one time or another. Revenge! Yes, we plan, we let our minds conjure up ways to get back at someone who we believe has wronged us (at this point you should hear the Austin Power-Dr. Evil maniacal laugh in your head).I’ve yet to hear a speaker on success really discuss revenge so I thought I take a stab at it (no pun intended) by sharing a recent incident that happened to me.Let me step back for a moment and tell you that during high school I […]
- Here’s Help for the “I Can’t Say ‘No’ Blues” I hear it all the time. Cries from Christian women who want desperately to serve the Lord, but who feel overwhelmed. “I almost dread going to PTO meetings or church services anymore because I just know somebody else is going to ask me to help with something,” they say. “Don’t get me wrong. I want to help, but there are only so many hours in my day. I feel like I’m just going to explode if I don’t get some relief.”
What usually follow these statements are apologies. “I’m sorry. […]
- Are You Travelling Along The Slippery Slope To Your Grave? When it comes right down to it where ever you go is where you are, whatever you end up doing, that’s what you are doing, whatever you are thinking right now, that’s what’s on your mind, what has happened to you, has already happened.The important part is how are you going to handle it?In other words “NOW WHAT”. Like it or not this is all we have to work with.
At every moment of the day, we find ourselves at the crossroads of here and now. The reason we can often feel lost is because […]