What will your business look like a year from today?
If you’re like most small business owners, you have many things to do and not enough time to do them. Can’t you just ignore them and procrastinate your way to success?
Not likely. True, sometimes avoiding issues will make them go away, but think about the energy you expend and the time you waste.
If you’re like me, when there’s an issue that needs taking care of, it will keep popping it’s ugly little self into your brain. Deal with me now! Do this! Take care of this issue!
Perhaps you write the issue on your to do list to get it out of your head. Problem is, each time you look at your to do list you say, “Yep, I still have that item pending. I really need to do something about it.”
Consider this. If you spend 5 minutes per day thinking about the same pending issue and take no action on it for a year, you will have wasted 30 hours. With time so precious to all of us, can you afford to waste 30 hours per year? And that’s just one issue. What if you are procrastinating about several issues?
A year from now, what will you wish you had started today?
Related Flicker Images:
- Credit Repair Companies and Credit Counseling Let's be crystal clear, right up front. Paying someone to "fix" your credit is a waste of your time and money, since the negative issues that are temporarily removed from your file will only reappear again in a couple of months.Be careful with credit repair scams.Most "credit repair" companies really don't help. In fact, you can improve your credit more effectively on your own. By using credit repair companies, you may also be opening yourself up to identity theft, unsolicited […]
- Retail Score: Brick & Mortar 4.5%, Online 28% To survive today, small business owners must develop and implement an online business strategy. An online business strategy allows a small business owner to increase sales to whatever level they desire without expanding or changing their existing location.A small town doesn’t have to mean small business.There are currently 300 million customers online worldwide with the numbers increasing every day. Businesses like eBay and Amazon have helped to educate and familiarize people with […]
- The Silver Bullet For Success: Revealed Looking for the magic formula or the whiz-bang approach that will unlock your
business success? Are you willing to pay hundreds for it? How about thousands? Guess what, you are not alone.
Just as people, for ages, have searched for the fountain of youth, entrepreneurs and
small business owners around the world are looking for the silver bullet for success: that one sure-fire way to achieve the success that they want without doing a thing.
This demand for this magic "success" pill […]
- Starting A Home Based Business; Dealing With The Yo-Yo Effect The emotional aspects of starting a home business can have you
experiencing high highs and low lows (the yo-yo effect).
In addition to the immediate luxuries of being your own boss,
setting your own working hours, and avoiding a stressful commute,
there are also significant things on the other side of the
ledger...starting and building a home business is not just an
automatic trip to the promised land.The need for self discipline is important...since you don’t have
a boss and a place […]
- Web-Site Savvy For Pet-Care Business Owners Pet-care business owners don’t have an inordinate amount of time or money to dedicate to hosting, building or maintaining a website. But you should note that the internet plays a part in the daily routine of 88% of Americans, and of those, 92% indicate that it’s a good place for information.As a pet-care business owner, you know that the majority of the decision-makers regarding a pet’s care are women, and a March 2004 Nielson/NetRanking & Washintonpost.com survey found that “60% of […]
- The Power of Planning I am surprised how few sales professionals, independent consultants, and small business owners take the time to plan the strategy for their business. Most people spend more time writing out a grocery list or planning a vacation than they do planning the direction or outcome of their business. Many will determine a vague or general idea of what they want to accomplish but very few actually identify the specific action steps they will need to take in order to achieve their goals. I’m […]
- The Top 10 Ways to Achieve Balance in Your Life 1. Define Success for YourselfClarify and write down what success means for you. What would it look like, feel like, what would you hear if you were successful. Use these answers as your barometer....not somebody else's.2. Get a Handle on Your finances TodayPay your bills on time, do a budget, know how much is coming in and going out. Save at least 10%. Live within your means.3. Get Rid of the Energy DrainsResolve any issues that you have been thinking about for a long time, they […]