In my private practice for the past 13+ years I have discovered
how hungry we are to find deep fulfillment and loving, make wise
choices for ourselves and the planet, and walk in union with our
Yet our days are filled with endless, empty lists of have-tos,
shoulds, and must-dos. Quality time with our families, friends
and ourselves is precious but brief. We swallow our food fast and
information faster – and yet what our mind tells us does not
bring us peace, and what we eat does not fill us up.
Ask yourself, what truly brings you lasting fulfillment and joy?
What can you feed yourself that creates deep satisfaction? Which
voice do you listen to for guidance when the hounds of fear,
worry and anxiety are howling in your ears?
I believe this ‘missing’ enthusiasm and joy is found when we
discover our personal heaven and begin living heaven on earth.
Accustomed to your ordinary world view, you fail to realize that
another might exist beyond the dots of your to-do lists. Life
presents many opportunities, each one capable of expanding your
‘seeing’ to encompass new possibilities.
I saw a major glimpse of my ‘heaven’ in 1987 during a 6 day
personal growth seminar. At the time I was living a life many
considered heavenly: happy marriage, two beautiful children,
wealthy lifestyle, and plenty of time to pursue my fancies. Yet,
in the wee hours of the morning my secret despair, loneliness and
fear woke me up night after night. Inside I knew the lie of my
‘happy’ life. I did not know the purpose for taking my next
breath. At the seminar when the facilitator began talking about
the banquet table of life I suddenly beheld this larger way of
living, this glimpse of heaven.
I wanted to bolt for the door.
The fear of facing the unknown ‘me’ inside was, at that time,
bigger than living out my lack-luster life. But this defining
moment did not fade from my memory. In time, I began the
sometimes scary journey of moving beyond the dot-based
experience, visioning my heaven and taking my steps.
Your heaven lies lurking just beyond those dots. And it takes an
inside job to fully experience it. But upon seeing
a glimpse of this larger reality do you abandon your dot-based
reality? No, because mastering the shift from ‘This is all there
is’ to ‘Look at all there is!” takes patience, practice,
guidance, willingness, grace, and time.
You can begin today.
Take a few minutes over the next week – schedule it right now in
your day timer of PDA.
*clear your desk
*turn off the phone
*light a candle
*have paper and pen available
*close your eyes
*take in a deep breath
*allow the greater part of you to begin showing you, like gazing
at a large movie screen, YOU living your personal heaven.
Be aware of how you feel as you ‘watch’ each area of your life
align with this expanded arena. What is the new experience of
Jot down those qualities: peace, joy, loving, ease, well-being,
energy, focus, caring, relaxation, radiant health, compassion…
or fear, sadness, regret. Accept whatever appears.
Step Two: If your heaven is available now, what do you need to
let go of in this moment to experience it?
Allow the answer to come forward easily.
Breathe in deeply and take that step. The life you were born
to live is waiting.
Related Flicker Images:
- Ten Crucial Questions Ten Crucial Questions for Your Business Future
I'm a business coach. I've worked with hundreds of small, medium and very large business, and over the course of the past eleven years, I've asked my business coaching clients endless questions which have helped them achieve much greater levels of success than they would have otherwise. While the following may not be the only ten questions -- or even THE ten questions, they are ten questions that you must answer if you want your business […]
- Living Life In A Time Starved World Recently I saw an advertisement for a time management booklet: "Shorter deadlines, competing priorities, endless meetings, interruptions and even higher quality expectations are just some of today's time challenges. And yet the number of hours in the day remains the same."As entrepreneurs we all struggle sometimes with managing our time effectively. I once heard an entrepreneur say that of the people he knows, his entrepreneur friends are the worst people when it comes to managing […]
- Diagnosing ADHD in Children, an Introduction Everyone in a private practice setting who works with children or adults is going to have their own opinion on how Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - ADD or ADHD - should be diagnosed. Some clinics take the perspective that "more is good," and will recommend a large battery of tests, often costing many thousands of dollars. Other clinics, typically with hurried physicians, will simply give a brief rating scales to the parents and then make a quick diagnosis and prescribe […]
- Bleed now is not the time to open
open that great door again
not the time to be more tolerant
not the time to play to winnow is not the time for justice
evolution mercy choices
not the time to pet the puppies
yipping with pathetic voicesnow is not the time for kindness
not the time for compromise
not the time for loving blindness
not the time to close my eyesnow for one too many people
not that i have gained no good
heart has sown but flesh is reaping
tears to mind and wasted bloodnow my […]
- Carelessness "For lack of guidance a nation falls, but many advisors make a victory sure." --Proverbs 11:14, NIVLove, that is the one thing that is above the law. Every single thing we do always affects someone else. This past summer my family was at the First Holy Communion of my little nephew. I am not a Catholic although I grew up as one. I have chosen a non-denominational Christian Bible-based church for my worship and fellowship. What if I had decided not to go to my nephew's First Holy […]
- Tips to Bounce-Proof Your Email List Keeping your email lists fresh is critical to the success of your online marketing and e-commerce efforts. In the early days of the Internet, the novelty of web sites and free e-newsletters made acquiring customers online all too easy. With customers signing up in droves to hear your latest offers, there was no need to worry about email address attrition rates or errors during registration.
Unfortunately, those days are over! Due to error-ridden databases, privacy concerns, excess […]
- Micromanagement and Delegation Micro-Management and Delegation
Recently I had a long discussion with a friend of mine about Managers and managing. She is a former HR Manager for several major companies and was bemoaning the fact that training for managers has been cut back so significantly in recent years and that managers no longer receive the type of help, guidance and assistance that they received just a few short years ago. My background has been in retail and telecom. Hers was neither. Yet the same […]