It happens to us all from time to time, especially to creative types – that diminishing little voice from deep inside that is convinced that the things we do are no big deal, simply because we did them and we have trouble seeing ourselves as authors of anything truly important. “Basically,” the voice whispers in sad despair, “if I did it, then it must be stupid, easy, worthless…” and many other unhappy assessments.
I know, because I’ve been there myself. But the one thing I’ve found that really changed my paradigm on this is the realization that I’m not the one doing the creating – it’s coming through me from God and, quite simply put, God isn’t capable of creating crap. Granted, by the time it finally gets through all the crud I’ve got going on inside, it may be a little dinged up and dusty. But all that means is that I have to learn to let it out sooner and quicker and with less filtering, so as to retain every last ounce of juicy goodness that originally came with it.
From my perspective, we are all – to use a familiar analogy – God’s “email programs” to the material world. What He/She wants done, sent, given or offered to the world gets “emailed” through the appropriate person and out into the world the same way we would send a message through Outlook or Hotmail and on to our waiting receiver. It’s only when we start second-guessing these messages (like an over-active spam filter) or making ourselves incompatible with God’s message (like an email program with format compatibility issues or viral damage) that we start garbling and losing the messages altogether.
As long as we…
1) keep our ‘hard drives’ (minds) clear of meme/viral or physical damage,
2) remain compatible with our original programming by remaining true to our values and our true divine nature, and
3) (very important, this last one) remember that GOD DOESN’T SEND SPAM, so there’s no need to block or filter incoming messages
…we can then pass on what comes through us cleanly, efficiently and effectively, for the betterment of mankind and the support of the common good.
Okay! So, everybody go home and run your virus cleaner. The world is waiting and there’s tons of incoming email that needs to get through, now. (And while you’re at it, clear out your junk mail folder. Those Viagra ads are taking up way too much space.)
(c) Soni Pitts
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
She is the author of the free e-book “50 Ways To Reach Your Goals” and over 100 self-help and inspirational articles, as well as other products and resources designed to facilitate this process of personal growth and spiritual development.
Related Flicker Images:
- Six Reasons to K.I.S.S. Six Reasons to K.I.S.S.
“Very often, people confuse simple with simplistic. The nuance is lost on most.” - Clement Mok, Chief Creative Officer, Sapient
We’ve all heard THIS acronym, K.I.S.S. – Keep it Simple, Stupid! While I prefer, Keep it Splendidly Simple; the point is the same. Make it simple! All of us have heard the phrase. All of us nervously laugh and knowingly nod our heads when we hear it. All too often we don’t follow this sage advice.
We’ve all heard the joke […]
- Fear FearOf what am I afraid, you ask.
Of myself, I answer.
The self I have hidden deep down inside,
the one I'm afraid you won't like,
the one I sometimes don't like either.I'm afraid that parts of this self
will rise to the surface
and I won't be able to push them back down.
I will no longer be able to hide them
and maybe I'll lose some of what I have
my present lifestyle.I feel like so many parts of me are fighting
for control of my being.
I feel torn apart, […]
- Website Basics The Basics
You have a flourishing business – everything is in its place. You just miss one important piece of marketing: an Internet Presence a website. Like everything in business, getting a website needs planning. Getting an effective website needs even more planning.
Here are some basic things to know and plan:
What is the www or the internet? Basically a network of websites from all over the world you can access via your computer for which you need an internet connection […]
- The Guaranteed Ways To Keep Your Downline Alive, Happy, Vigorously Active… And buying! Master these concepts and it is time for you and your downline to Celebrate. If you have been reading and studying MLM system, you will have come to a very important conclusion. You will want to build your MLM organization DEEP! But let's review this just in case it is not crystal clear in your mind. It is so important for you to understand this principle. The very back bone of your succeeding with a MLM program is that you are able to multiple your efforts through others. That […]
- Now Is A Great Time To Sell! Its official. The news just came out. Yes, we are now in a recession!
Duh. As if you didn't know.
Companies big and small have been laying off their employees right and left all year.
The stock market sucks.
And now they tell us we are in a recession.
Big deal. I say that now is a great time to be selling.
Well first consider when the worst time to sell to is. The worst time to sell is when people are complacent.
When someone is complacent, they are comfortable. And if they are […]
- Are You "Set Up" For Success? Believe it or not, 2004 is already here. Yeah, I know, where has the time gone? My mom always told me that as I got older, the years would start to fly by. Did anyone ever tell you that? Did you believe them? Well it is happening to me right now.
Before I get too deep into this article, just let me say that the intention of this article is NOT to make people angry or depressed. The real purpose for this article is to help the reader determine if he/she is doing a few key things for […]
- About Candida, Its Symptoms & Treatment Candida is a fungal infection affecting the moist external area of the body like mouth, nostril, in side folded skin and vagina basically of a parasitic fungus. There are many types of Candida fungus like Candida Parapsilosis, Candida Tropicalies, Candida vini and sub-types named after the infected areas like Cutaneous Candidasis, Thrush, Vaginal Candidiasis, Penile Candidiasis, Pulmonary Candidiasis, Esophagus Candidiasis, Invasive Candidiasis and the treatments for respective […]