Choosing a first home can be a daunting task, but following a few key steps makes it a lot less confusing.
An essential part of the process for every home buyer is to simply do the math. It is very wise to do all the financial planning first, before beginning the search for a suitable property to buy. Every home buyer should shop around for the mortgage deal which suits them best, and calculate exactly how much the monthly repayments will be for each loan option, how much the loan will cost in the long term, and how long it will take to repay, to get a clear picture of exactly how much property they can afford to buy. Most mortgage lenders offer pre-qualified loans, so buyers can shop for their new home with the confidence of knowing exactly what they can afford. Having a pre-qualified loan deal also means the buyer can move quickly on a purchase when they find the right property, which can be a great advantage particularly if there are other interested buyers.
Choosing whether to use an agent, and choosing which agent to use is another important step. Negotiating the purchase directly with the seller can save a substantial commission fee, but inexperienced home buyers in particular can benefit from the advice and negotiation skills of a good realtor. An experienced realtor can give advice on factors which may affect the future resale value of the home. A good agent also has knowledge of the real estate market in a specific area, and can help point a buyer in the right direction by showing them properties with features which are most important to them.
Related Flicker Images:
- What is a Remortgage? A remortgage is changing your mortgage without moving your home. Remortgaging is the process of switching your mortgage to another lender that is offering a better deal than your current lender thereby saving money. A remortgage can also be used to raise additional finances by releasing equity in your property.More detailed information....When you remortgage you are ending your old mortgage deal and switching to a new one.This normally involves switching your lender although you can […]
- A Powerful Suggested Technique for YOUR Home & Property Search A Powerful Suggested Technique for YOUR Home & Property Search
by Jody Hudson
You can be a pro at buying a home: Whether you are buying your first home or you are an experienced home buyer who owns more than one home, there are some things that can help you get faster results and get more professional and pleasant help from your Realtor.
A home or property purchase is one of the most important and exciting events to experience. Owning a home can help you build equity while […]
- How Good a Deal Is Your Bank's Mortgage Insurance Plan? When you go to the bank to get a mortgage, you'll inevitably be asked to take out mortgage insurance. The idea behind mortgage insurance is simply that if something happens to you or your spouse then your loan will be paid off which is good news for your family and the bank. Most financial institutions act like they are doing you a favor by offering you mortgage insurance through their own group plan, but are they?The truth is that you could probably get a much better deal and at […]
- Maximizing Curb Appeal and First Impressions to Sell your Home We all know that a home or property of any kind, in order to sell faster and at a higher price, should have what is known as curb appeal. Frequently, it is not the expensive things that make a difference. Here are some things that can be done.Keep the grass cut, not too short, but well groomed and frequently - you never know what day a prospective buyer will drive by. Include edging along all sidewalks, driveway, and other trim items. Use the weed eater around all areas where the […]
- How to Choose a Right Web Hosting Service? Indeed, choosing a right web hosting service for your website is not an easy task especially when there are thousands of web hosting providers all offering almost identical web hosting packages. Therefore, it is important to know few major considerations even before you start your web hosting search. Below are three major criteria for web host seeker:Web hosting features requirementThis is probably the most important consideration to start finding a host for your site. You need to […]
- Legal Information About the Real Estate Contract The conclusion of final agreement between a seller and a buyer is the Agreement of Purchase and Sale. We know it as the real estate contract.There are five mandatory requirements for a contract under contract law:1. The name, address and contact data for the seller(s) and buyer(s).2. A clear description of the property. We prefer the tax map and parcel number but a street address, or other clear description will do. Such as "parcel known as Hudson Farm, being 456 acres more or less […]
- Selling Your Property Without An Estate Agent It is possible to save £1,000s selling your home privately and cutting out the estate agent, but what are the issues that you need to consider?Pricing the propertyPrice your property too low and you could short-change yourself from the true market value, price your property too high and you will simply put off potential buyers.Before you put your property on the market, you need to do some market research. Are there any similar homes for sale in your neighbourhood? If so […]