Affiliate Marketing is having Affiliates do your Marketing for you. What I mean by Affiliate is someone who tells people about your product/service and you pay them for a desired response, such as a purchase.
Affiliate Marketing is one of the best ways to get the word out about your product/service.
The best way to pay Affiliates is pay per sale. This means that you only have to pay your Affiliates when they actually make a sale. This reduces your advertising costs dramatically. your Affiliates take on all the risks so you don’t have to worry about wasting your money on advertising which may not produce any results.
Using Affiliate is a very cheap way to advertise, however it is very effective. The software required to start up your own Affiliate program can cost only about $50 per month.
Then after that just wait for people to start promoting your product/service for you.
Please remember that 5% of your Affiliates will do 95% of the selling. What I mean by this is that most of your Affiliates will just sit there and do nothing. This can be countered if you teach them what to do, exactly how to do it and providing everything for them so they have to do as little work as possible.
To find out about teaching your Affiliates please see the “How To Super Charge Your Affiliates” article
You don’t have to use this form of advertising just to sell your product or service. You can also use it to grow your opt-in mailing list. This is discussed in another article.
How Much Should You Pay Your Affiliates
How much you pay your Affiliates really depends on how much your product/service costs, its profit margin, how much you’re willing to give up and what action you want to take place.
Lets say that your product is priced at $100. Lets also assume that it cost you $10 to make it. This leaves you with $90 profit.
How much of this do you want to give away to the person that made this sale possible?
Personally, I believe that you should give a rather high percentage of the profits back to the affiliate (Depending on how many sales they regularly generate), because without them, you wouldn’t have made that particular sale at all, so reward them for it.
A fairly decent reward is about 50% of the revenue generated. Your product is priced at $100 so a $50 commission is quite generous. It really depends on your other costs (such as a mortgage) you have, which would help decide on a fair commission to both you and the Affiliate.
Another factor which plays a part is how much additional advertising you do, such as pay per click. For example, if you rely solely on your Affiliates to Market for you, then you may want to reduce the commission you pay to them to help you survive. However, you may want to pay them more, to encourage them to send more sales you way. It really is a judgment call.
On the other hand, if you advertise in other ways effectively, then you can afford to pay higher commissions, because you’re not putting all your eggs in one basket.
In the end it’s all down to how greedy or generous you are. The best advice I can give you is to pay the affiliate what you think he/she deserves. Hopefully that way everyone is happy and earning their fair share.
That is the key to a successful affiliate program.
By Stephen Warren, the creator of http://www.marketershandbook.com, the completely FREE guide to marketing online, with useful articles and links.
Related Flicker Images:
- Revealed The Myth of Making Money Through Affiliate Marketing Many people enter into the affiliate marketing arena with the hopes of making some quick money whilst doing the bare minimum amount work and preparation.They expect to be making the type of money super affiliates make within five minutes of joining an affiliate program without doing anything other than send out a few ezine ads.How do I know?Because I was there, I did exactly the same thing, it was what the affiliate program owner’s instructions said to do; sign-up, send some of our […]
- Affiliate Programs… Who's Really Making The Money? There will be a million and one affiliates out there who will tell you that the affiliate program they promote is going to be the best one for you.But have you considered who is really making the money and who gains the most out of affiliate programs.Let's take a step back and look at the AFFILIATE.What exactly is the role of the affilate?* The sole purpose of the affiliate is to PROMOTE the product and/or serviceWhat are the benefits of being an affiliate?* Get paid a minimal […]
- Affiliates Need To Read Their Newspaper Millions of people check the news everyday-- in the morning paper, online, and on the nightly news.But far too often affiliates do not find out what has occurred in affiliate marketing that day; this is important because affiliate marketing changes daily.There are many resources for affiliate marketers to learn about the day’s happenings. The best way to learn about the changes in affiliate marketing is by visiting forums often.Forums provide a great resource by allowing new […]
- Reseller Hosting Explained Reseller Defined:The term Reseller according to the dictionary means to sell again i.e. to sell a product or service to the public or to an end user, especially as an authorized dealer, while making sure that you make a profit on the sale.Reseller HostingReseller hosting is no different either, a reseller buys a Web hosting package from a hosting company and tries to sell it independently. The profit for the reseller lies in either the discount or in the commission s/he gets from […]
- Affiliate Programs Are you having trouble creating new product offerings from scratch? Maybe you're not a natural writer or you're unsure of a topic? Or maybe you'd just like a shortcut to some reliable revenue?
Not to worry, help is here.
And even if you're not stuck creating your own intellectual property, the concept of promoting other people's products and earning coaching income is an idea whose time is fast on its way.
Selling other people's products, and earning a percentage of the sales price […]
- Advertising For The Long Haul and Not the Short Term Gains New Age Media Concepts issues its first article of many that will focus on the advertising and marketing industry.
"If a young man tells his date she's intelligent, looks lovely, and is a great conversationalist, he's saying the right things to the right person and that's marketing. If the young man tells his date how handsome, smart and successful he is -- that's advertising. If someone else tells the young woman how handsome, smart and successful her date is -- that's public […]
- 7 Innovative Ways To Advertise Your Web Site 1. Directory Linking Create a directory of web sites on a specific topic. Give people the option of adding the directory to their web site by linking to it. Put your business advertisement at the top of the director's home page. This technique will get lots of people to link to your web site and give you free advertising.2. Bonus Advertising Do you have a product or service that doesn't sell good? Offer it as a free bonus for someone else's product or service. Get free advertising by […]